Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Coughing and chest pain after running mile in 7.30?

i have have just recently quit smoking like 4 days ago after 3 years of about a pack a day. i did a pt test with my army recruiter and ran my mile in 7 mins 30 seconds and it was very i stress veryyy hard. afterwards i was light headed and exausted. i also got this cough was coughing up stuff and chest pain when i breathed in deep. my nose burned and my throat was sore. i should add that this is the first time i ran or did anything cardio wise in the 3 yrs of smoking.is this normal? is it my lungs are just out of shape and are expelling all the built up tar and everything? could smoking account for my extream shortness of breath afterwards? i have never had a problem running b4 i smoked. i played football and baseball and never had this coughing issue or chest pain issue before. can anyone help?

No comments:

Post a Comment